2018 SUN VALLEY NISSAN
Spring Micra Give away (“Contest”)
Official Rules and Regulations (“Rules”)
This Contest is held by SUN VALLEY NISSAN Company (“Sun Valley Nissan” or “Sponsor”) The Contest runs from April 29, 2018 at 12:00:01 a.m. (MST) to June 30, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. (MST) (the “Contest Period”).
1. Residents of Canada who have a valid unencumbered driver’s license in good standing and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry may enter this Contest. Employees of, retirees of, immediate family members of, or those residing with an employee of Sun Valley Nissan its agents and representatives, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and dealers, advertising and promotional agencies, sponsors, suppliers of materials or services related to this contest, including Promotion Solutions (the “Independent Contest Organization”) are not eligible to enter this contest. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children, spouse or partner or anyone with whom any of the above are domiciled.
2. No purchase necessary to enter. Limit of one (1) contest submission per person during the Contest Period, regardless of the mode of entry. Provided however that additional entries are available when requested information is provided as noted on the contest entry form. A maximum of seven (7) additional entries are available based on the number of additional questions and information provided during the contest entry process. If it is discovered that a participant has attempted to enter the Contest more than once without using the additional information request entry process, only the first entry will be included in the Contest draw. There are three (3) ways of entering the Contest:
2.1 By attending the Sun Valley Nissan vehicle display area at the Cranbrook, BC location during the Contest Period and completing the entry form with your preferred title, full name, complete address, daytime telephone number and email address. You must also confirm that you are the age of majority in your province or territory of residence. The entry form may be either electronic or paper ballot, depending on the event and venue.
2.2 By attending one (1) of the participating Sun Valley Nissan dealer events during the Contest Period and completing the electronic entry form at the vehicle display area with your preferred title, full name, complete address, daytime telephone number and email address. You must also confirm that you are the age of majority in your province or territory of residence.
2.3 By visiting one (1) of the Contest websites: e-know.ca, sunvalleynissan.com during the contest period and clicking on the Contest entry link and registering by filling out the online entry form with your preferred title, full name, complete address, daytime telephone number and email address. You must also confirm that you are the age of majority in your province or territory of residence. Complete the online entry form and click on “submit”, and you will be automatically entered into the Contest.
3. Event locations and website entry pages are subject to change without notice.
4. There is one (1) Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize”) available to be won from all valid entries received during the Contest Period, consisting of:
1-Only 2017 Nissan Micra 1.6 S w/ 5 Speed manual transmission. Model S5LG57 Option Code AA00 Vin#3N1CK3CP9HL265180 COLOR GUN METALIC
The Grand Prize Includes freight charges. Manufacturer’s warranty applies to the Grand Prize. Upon notification, winner will personally take delivery of the Grand Prize from the Cranbrook, BC Sun Valley Nissan dealership within one (1) month of being declared the winner. Winner must present adequate personal identification to claim the Grand Prize vehicle. The Grand Prize vehicle will not be released unless winner first shows proof of having a valid driver’s licence in the province in which he/she resides and satisfactory insurance, as determined by Sun Valley Nissan. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses which are not included in the Grand Prize description above, including but not limited to: registration and license fees, insurance, additional accessories and all other costs incurred in claiming, registering or using the vehicle. Winner is responsible for all costs associated with any upgrade or option packages he/she may request and which Sun Valley Nissan, in its sole discretion, is willing to provide or has provided respecting any vehicle.
Any costs or expenses incurred by the winner in claiming or using the Grand Prize will be the responsibility of the winner. Grand Prize must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in whole or in part for cash, subject to the provisions set forth elsewhere in these Rules.
Grand Prize Draw:
5. A reverse draw (the “Draw“) will be held at 2:00 p.m. (MST) on July 3, 2018 by a third party representative unaffiliated with Sun Valley Nissan in Cranbrook, BC. The Grand Prize winner will be selected from a group of no more than 27 “Candidates” who have their name drawn during the contest period.
a) The “end of the week” is defined as each Saturday, 11:59:59pm, MST. The “start of the week” is defined as starting each Sunday, 00:00:01am MST. “each week” is defined by time between each start of the week and end of the week.
b) Each individual person is allowed only (1) one candidate entry. Any name drawn that is already an existing candidate will be discarded, and a new name will be drawn.
c) During the contest period, no more than 3 candidates will be drawn each week from the entries submitted each week. These entries are drawn each Monday following the previous end of the week.
d) A Sun Valley Nissan representative will notify each candidate within 24 hours of their name being drawn. Each candidate must confirm that they accept and will participate in the Grand Prize Draw.
e) Should a candidate refuse to participate for any reasons whatsoever, or, is unable to participate for any reason whatsoever, they may ‘transfer’ their entry to another person. By transferring your entry, the individual relinquishes any and all claim to the Grand Prize or any other aspect pertaining to winnings of the contest.
The 27 selected candidates drawn over the contest period must be present at the time of the Grand Prize Draw to win the grand prize. Names will be drawn ONE (1) at a time each. Each candidate name is eliminated until only one (1) name remains which will be named the winner of the Grand Prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the total number of valid entries received during the Contest Period.
6. To be declared a winner and claim the Grand Prize, the entrant selected for the Grand Prize must:
a) Be reached by telephone by a representative from Sun Valley Nissan within three (3) business days of the random draw.
b) Correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question that will be asked by a representative from Sun Valley Nissan without help of any nature.
c) Be eligible according to the Contest Rules and once the skill-testing question has been correctly answered, sign a Declaration and Release form that will be sent by mail, or e-mail and return it, duly completed to a representative from Sun Valley Nissan within five (5) business days of its receipt. The Declaration and Release requires a potential winner to confirm, except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, agreement to be bound by the Contest Rules, eligibility to participate in this Contest and compliance with these Rules and to release Sun Valley Nissan, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, dealers, its advertising and promotional agencies, sponsors, suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest, and a representative from Sun Valley Nissan, and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, successors and assigns from any liability and damages which could arise out of or are in any way related to the Contest and from the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the Grand Prize.
d) If a selected participant (a) cannot be reached by telephone within three (3) business days of the Draw Date; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill- testing question (see rule 6.b); or (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 6.c), then he/she will be disqualified and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected participant. The Grand Prize will only be awarded to the person who is present at final draw whose full name, telephone number, address and valid email address appears on the official Contest Entry form.
7. Failure to comply with any of the above conditions or otherwise with the Rules, will result in the disqualification of the selected entrant. In this event, a new random draw from the remaining valid entries received will be performed to award the Prize and the entrant selected must be able to be reached by phone within 48 hours of the new draw, failing which another draw will be held within a subsequent equal timeframe up until such a time as an official winner is declared. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the winner must be declared no later than July 15, 2018 otherwise the Grand Prize will be void. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest or for any reason, there are more potential winners of the Grand Prize than contemplated in the Contest Rules Sun Valley Nissan may, at its sole discretion, conduct a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest closing date to award the Grand Prize or may terminate or amend the Contest in whole or in part without notification to Contest participants.
8. Upon receipt of the Declaration and Release form, the Sponsor will notify the Grand Prize winner of the manner in which he/she will have to take possession of the Grand Prize. Sun Valley Nissan reserves the right to determine how the presentation of the Grand Prize will occur and this may be either a media event, by mail, or in person.
9. By entering this Contest, the winner authorizes the Sponsor and its representatives to use in any related publicity, if required, his/her name, photograph, image, any statements he/she may make regarding the Grand Prize, place of residence and/or voice for advertising purposes worldwide in perpetuity and in any form of media including the Internet, without any form of compensation, or further notice, except where prohibited by law.
10. Entry forms become the property of Sun Valley Nissan and will not be returned to entrants at any time. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants, except with the entrant selected to win the Grand Prize.
11. In the event that, for reasons beyond their control and not related to the winners, the Sponsor is unable to award the Grand Prize as described in these Rules, they will agree to substitute a Grand Prize of similar nature and equal or greater value.
12. Entries are subject to verification by the Contest organizers. Sun Valley Nissan, its advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective employees, agents and representatives may not be held liable for, (i) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, fraudulent, or illegible entries (all of which shall be automatically void and not eligible for the Grand Prize); (ii) failure to receive entries due to transmission failures, busy signals, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or technical failures of any kind, including without limitation, malfunctioning of any network servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest and breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers”. Sun Valley Nissan (or a representative from Sun Valley Nissan) reserves the right to void any entry and/or cancel or modify the Contest in whole or in part (without notice to entrants individually) if, in its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason (such as tampering or any other cause beyond its control) the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, fraud, human, printing or distribution errors, or any other causes or occurrences have compromised the administration, safety, fairness or integrity of the Contest (subject, if applicable, to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec). Any person entering this Contest or trying to do so by any means which go against the intention of these Rules and which would be unfair to the other participants will be automatically disqualified and Sun Valley Nissan reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law – including criminal prosecution.
13. Winners’ Names: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, available after July 15, 2018, send a letter along with a self-addressed postage, stamped envelope to “Sun Valley Nissan” contest, Winner’s List Request, 2024 Cranbrook Street Cranbrook, BC V1C 3T1. The winner’s name will be available until September 15, 2018.
14. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Cranbrook, British Columbia.
15. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the Grand Prize may be submitted to the Régie for the purpose of helping the parties reach a fair settlement.
16. By entering this contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final, binding and conclusive on all matters relative to this Contest.
Privacy Statement for Sun Valley Nissan
At SUN VALLEY NISSAN Company (“Sun Valley Nissan”) we respect your privacy and value our relationship with you. Your personal information will be protected, will never be sold, and unless we advise you in advance, will be used only by Sun Valley Nissan, our affiliates, dealers, and service providers (only to provide services). Our goal is to enhance your product and service experience with us. By submitting this personal information to us, you are consenting to its use and disclosure for the following purposes:
• Meeting safety, security, legal and regulatory requirements;
• Providing you with general marketing, product, service and business partner information and offers;
• Conducting market analysis;
• Maintaining the accuracy of our records to respond to your inquiries and provide you with warranty or other customer service communications, and otherwise manage our
or our dealers’ relationship with you;
• Satisfying other reasonable, legitimate business interests (such as collecting outstanding debts).
For the purposes set out in this privacy statement, Sun Valley Nissan or one of its affiliates or an unaffiliated service provider may process, store, and/or otherwise use your personal information outside of the province in which you reside and/or outside of Canada, and under the laws of those other jurisdictions, in certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other provinces or foreign jurisdictions may be entitled to access your personal information.
If you do not wish to receive notice of special offers or other marketing information, or if you would like to receive only certain types of communications from us, please let us know. We would also be happy to answer any questions you may have or to provide you with further information about those with whom your information is shared.
Please contact us. Alternatively, our mailing address is: SUN VALLEY NISSAN, 2024 Cranbrook Street Cranbrook, BC V1C 3T1.